Elnaz Rekabi Biography And Her Hijab Issue
Elnaz Rekabi Biography
Elnaz Rekabi (Persian: الناز رکابی, conceived 20 August 1989) is an Iranian sport climber. She took part at the 2021 IFSC Climbing World Championships, being granted the bronze decoration in the ladies’ consolidated event. Elnaz Rekabi had additionally completed on the platform multiple times at the IFSC Climbing Asian Championships, where she had wrapped up with one silver and two bronze medals.
In 2022, she took part in the 2022 IFSC Climbing Asian Championships, where she completed fourth. Remarkably, she showed up without Iran’s required headscarf. The occasion happened while the Mahsa Amini fights were continuous. On October 18, 2022, two days after the competition, Elnaz Rekabi was accounted for missing. Around the same time that she was accounted for missing, a post was made on her Instagram account which guaranteed that Elnaz Rekabi would make sense of everything at a news meeting and that she was venturing out back to Iran alongside colleagues. The post likewise guaranteed that her headscarf tumbled off coincidentally, and she had contended without it, because of terrible timing and an unexpected require her to compete. BBC Persian detailed that Elnaz Rekabi‘s passport and cell phone had been seized, and that her return departure from Seoul had been moved to leave a day earlier.
|Native name||الناز رکابی|
|Born||20 August 1989
- ^ “Iranian climber’s World Cup dream comes true”. Euronews. 23 April 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ “Iran’s Elnaz Rekabi Wins Gold at Sport Climbing Asia Cup”. Tasnim News Agency. 29 October 2017. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ “Iranian Climber Elnaz Rekabi: Gender Not Important in Competitive Climbing”. Tasnim News Agency. 23 April 2018. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ “Rock Climber Rekabi Keen on Jakarta Asian Games, 2020 Tokyo Olympics”. Financial Tribune. 22 April 2018. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ “Iranian woman Rekabi wins first ever medal at IFSC World Championships”. Tehran Times. 22 September 2021. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Worry grows for a female Iranian athlete who climbed without a hijab”. NPR. 18 October 2022. Retrieved 18 October 2022.
- ^ “Watch: Athlete competes without hijab, defying Iran’s diktat for female players”. Hindustan Times. 17 October 2022. Retrieved 17 October 2022.
- ^ “Iranian female rock climber goes missing – BBC”. 18 October 2022.
- ^ “Fears for Iranian climber Elnaz Rekabi after she competed in Seoul without a hijab”. the Guardian. 18 October 2022. Retrieved 18 October 2022.
- ^ Gritten, David (18 October 2022). “Elnaz Rekabi: Iranian climber ‘says hijab fell off accidentally’ at competition”. BBC News. Retrieved 18 October 2022.
Do you find MusicAfric useful? Click Here To Give Us Five Stars Rating!
CLICK HERE TO PROMOTE YOUR MUSIC/VIDEO